An informative one day course that provides all the skills and knowledge electronic installers need for installation and maintenance of electronics on boats, leading to an industry recognised qualification. Aimed at individuals with at least one year’s experience in electronics.
The Marine Electronics Installer (MEI) certificate is an indication of a working knowledge of NMEA’s Installation Standard, which clarifies and defines competent installation practices. A Marine Electronics Installer has demonstrated this proficiency by passing an examination designed to measure understanding of those principles.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Market the training to potential customers as an indication of professional expertise
- The key electronics manufacturers are supportive of the training and certification
- Training and a qualification
- NMEA 0400 Standard
- BMEEA are industry leaders consistently updating the training to be internationally relevant
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Suitable for electronics engineers with at least a year’s experience, who are looking to further their knowledge and gaining a qualification in marine electronics.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Topics include ground systems, electrical systems, equipment installation and data communications including extensive information on everything you need to know about marine electronics to carrying out electronics work on boats.
WHAT WILL IT COVER?
- Ohm’s Law, Kirchoff’s Law, Vessel Grounding Systems, EMI
- DSC, VHF Transceivers, Coax Cables, Antennas
- Data Communications, Equipment Installation, Testing
- Electrical Distribution, Capacity, Wire Sizing
- Battery Basics, Capacity, Charging
FURTHER COURSES TO CONSIDER:
- BMET Electrical course
- RCD Awareness course
HOW TO BOOK
Please fill in the Application Form here. Once we review and approve your application, we will send you the booking form links for the upcoming courses until you attend.